Where is the fungal [mold] presence?
Environmental Detection, Inspection and
Assessment for all Industries and Sectors
1. Attic: from water exposure, or improper bathroom ventilation?
3. Wall saturation and surface fungus from water damage?
2. Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) or Ductwork?
HOW TO HANDLE WATER INFILTRATION
AND POSSIBLE MOLD?
MOISTURE INFILTRATION ASSESSMENT
A fixture water leak may be discovered from a lower floor or opposite wall of plumbing leak.
An example of such leak discovery of such leak is shown from an infrared thermography camera. When the seals around tubs fail, water drains into the floor cavity and accumulates. Unchecked, the leaks can rot out the floor materials and lower-level ceiling material.
US Environmental Testing LLC Provides a comprehensive infrared thermography scan of every home during the mold inspection, which reveals these critical deficiencies and helps to identify the source of mold issues.
Mold in Real Estate
1. The USEPA has reported that home air can have 100 times more chemicals inside than outside.
2. The USEPA has also reported that adults and kids now spend most of their time indoors (90%).
3. The CDC has reported that 20+ million adults have asthma, and the National Asthma Survey has reported that asthma is the most prevalent chronic disease among children. These numbers continue to increase annually, suggesting that the indoor environment plays a contributing role in this trend.
4. Mold growth can be present within the home and be hidden behind walls or underneath carpeting or flooring.
5. The use of Formaldehyde is prevalent in certain building materials and the concentration of this known cancer-causing agent can be many times the safe level.